I am getting a bunch of questions on what to buy for the holidays. So the first thing I suggest is to make a list of who you need to get gifts for, than put a dollar amount next to the name. Here are some out of the box ideas for this gift giving season:
* a subscription to a magazine: There are so magazines out there and people love them
* a book they would enjoy: this gift is great for all age groups on your list
* an experience: buy concert tickets (for example), even if it’s in March 2010, giving an experience counts as a gift
* stuff for the kitchen is a great for foodie, a person who likes to cook, and for the practical. Every has to eat, and cooking utensils end up
getting used unlike the scarf and glove set.
* Her: jewelry, cosmetics (especially fragrance), clothing, something that she won’t buy her self
* Him: electronics, clothes you want to see him in, shaving products (shaving oil), sexy stuff for you to wear for him, the ‘perfect pushup’
* Kids: games, books, art projects. Anything that you could help them with or be involved with is great.
* Service Providers: are people who serve you like the postman, garbage man, hair stylist, manicurist, etc. In all honestly, what would be the
most appreciated is cash. I have heard countless confessions from service providers getting baked goods or candy and throwing them away.
Below are some of the gifts I want this season, and gifts I will be giving. Happy Shopping
Cashmere Anything (examples are from J Crew)
Black Diamond Earrings from myblackdiamonds.com